Suggestions To Reduce Nausea During Pregnancy
- Eat small amounts of food frequently.
- Separate fluid intake from meals.
- Drink fluids 30 minutes before or 1 hour after meals.
- Place crackers at bedside to eat before getting up in the morning.
- Avoid foods or products with strong odors.
- Get up slowly from lying or sitting positions.
- Avoid greasy, heavy, spicy foods.
- Add a slice of real lemon to your drinks.
- Salty or starchy foods such as crackers, pretzels and potatoes may be more tolerable.
- Sour candy such as jolly ranchers or lemon drops may be helpful.
- Granny smith apples may be helpful.
- Try wearing “Sea-Bands”® on your wrists.
- Try ginger products such as ginger ale or ginger snaps.
- Medications available over the counter:
- Emetrol® – use as directed
- Vitamin B6® – 50mg, 1⁄2 tablet in morning and 1⁄2 tablet in the evening.
Please call our office if you develop frequent vomiting or are unable to drink any liquids.
For more information, refer to: www.acog.org